Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón (formerly El Hospital General de Madrid) was established at the request of“las Cortes de Castilla” [Castilian Parliament] and was handled by Felipe II after the authorisation of the Pope Pío V in 1567. “El Hospital General de Madrid” was located on the corner of the Avenue of el Prado and San Jerónimo Street. In July of 1968 the new Hospital, Francisco Franco, was officially inaugurated. The Hospital has recovered its original name, Hospital General de Madrid, after four hundred years of history, in honour of the famous doctor, Gregorio Marañón.
Entry made December 18, 2006
|Organization||Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón|
|Address||Archivo del Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, C/ Doctor Esquerdo, 46, Madrid|
|Telephone||+34 91 5868000|