Caño de Loro was the first leprosarium established in Colombia. It was founded on the island of Tierra de Bomba in 1806. After it closed in 1950, the government demolished its buildings in an airstrike.
An article by Hugo Armando Sotomayor-Tribín (in Spanish) details the history of the Caño de Loro colony. It can be accessed here (PDF).
Entry updated March 2016
Cardona-Castro, Nora. "Leprosy in Colombia: post elimination stage." Leprosy Review 84 (2013): 1-10.