International Leprosy Association -
History of Leprosy

International Leprosy Association -
History of Leprosy

Database

Biwasaki Tairo Hospital (later Tairoin Clinic)

Location

Category Leprosarium
Country Japan
Address Kyushu

Notes

This hospital was opened in 1898 as the Biwasaki Tairo Hospital by Jean Marie Coule, a French Roman Catholic Missionary. The name was changed to Biwazaki Tairoin Byoin (Tairoin Clinic) in 1997. It is still open as a private sanitorium. Address: 6-27 Shimazaki Kumamoto-shi, Kumamoto Prefecture.

Leprosaria - Historical References
Go back to previous page.