|Current Address||West Bengal|
Founded by Rev Henry Uffmann in 1888. Still open today.
NB There was also a second, smaller (but still substantial) leprosarium at Purulia, founded in 1938 and run by a local body. Source: Report on Leprosy and its Control in India by the Committee appointed by the Central Advisory Board of Health (1941). Government of India Press, New Dehli, 1942, p. 58.
Mr K M S Smith was a lay worker with BELRA at Purulia in 1941. (Information supplied by LEPRA)
|TLM Canada (later Effect:Hope)|
|Odisha State Archives (Orissa State Archives)|
|National Archives of India (NAI)|
|Writers Building Library|
|West Bengal State Archives|
|Cadbury Research Library, University of Birmingham|
|Commonwealth and African Studies Collections, Weston Library (Rhodes House Library)|