The library of the Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine opened in 1921, with a collection of books brought from the Asiatic Society. It holds over 65,000 books, journals, records, and gazetteers. Several publications of historical interest dating from earlier than 1950, though listed in the library catalogue, are not available due to their being damaged or lost.
The library holds a selection of historical books and reports on leprosy, almost all of which date from 1897 to 1948, with some reports on Uzuakoli research station, Nigeria, dating from the 1960s.
A list of leprosy-related books in the library can be found here.
Entry updated 11 January 2016
|Organization||Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine|
|Address||108 Chittaranjan Avenue, Kolkata - 700 073|